Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Live from the Tower Circle Motel....

Riding buddy and rock star Chip Robinson of Backsliders fame has pointed me to lots of great music. In a recent Facebook post, he mentioned Crooked Fingers, so I looked em up. One of the members is Eric Bachmann. He has a long history of playing in Triangle bands, including Archers of Loaf.

All good, but what really caught my eye was that in 2006 he recorded a solo record at the Tower Circle Motel in Buxton, out on Hatteras Island. It's an old motel with a 1950s look that for years was run by Jack and Mary Gray. My buddy Brian and I often rent a room there for weekend surfing trips to the Lighthouse. And it's where Maxi and I spent our honeymoon night.

Here's my favorite song from Eric Bachmann's TCM record....Enjoy...




No comments: