Monday, February 22, 2010

A weekend with Lynn & Lin

A full weekend of riding. A break in the cold snap this weekend brought me out in the sun and the fleeting warmth. Up first was Tony's 300K on Saturday, a rolling route from Harrisburg, near Charlotte, to Laurinburg and back. Highlight of the ride -- a beautifully mottled dog that kept pace with us at 22 mph for more than a mile just before the town of Mount Gilead. I did most of the ride with Lynn, except for a few hilly portions where I dropped her off the front. We faced headwinds on the return but they died down at dusk and we had very pleasant riding to the finish in the cool evening hours. Here's the only picture I took because it gave me an excuse to stop pedaling. I'll not be entering this shot in any "best of" collections.



On Sunday, I rode The Mule, Dean's surprisingly hilly 100K from Garner to Benson (N.C.'s undisputed mule capital) and back. Gary and Sara and a new rider, John, were at the start, as was Lin O, who is now riding a recumbent but has yet to grow the obligatory beard. Our fivesome rolled out of town together before Lin and I crept off the front at a slightly richer pace, and we enjoyed a perfect day of cycling under perfect blue skies.

Lin at lunch...



Lin's bike at lunch....



And my camera doing its thing and bending the streets of Muleville....



Two fun days on the bike.

2 comments:

bullcitybiker said...

Wow- a recumbent?! Cool

Anonymous said...

That is some serious mileage for the weekend!