Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Progress: Fork & Rack


Chuck just sent a picture of the fork and rack, and has declared that the bike is "pretty much done." Of course, there's still the paint and the build, but we're talking a completed project in under three weeks.

Chuck is going to display the frame next Monday when he gives a talk on steel frames at the Greensboro Velo Club meeting. So you Triad riders will get a chance to see it before I do.

My good friends Capn Ende and JoeRay have me conflicted over the color. Capn suggested painting the frame a salmon color to match the bike's name. He also said the color would make it easy to find at big bike events. JoeRay says stick with black or white.

Update: My buddy JD has suggested "pink with orange stripes." Hmm. I'll have to ponder that one for a while....Okay, done. Nope.

No comments: