Monday, November 12, 2007

Bean Time

The other day my riding buddy Cap’n John Ende and I were debating man’s greatest inventions.

No dispute about #1: We both agreed the humble bicycle topped the list. Need more proof? Here you go. It's on the Internet. It must be true.

I asked Cap’n for his #2 pick. After some considerable chin scratching, he replied: “The coffee machine.”

Well, there you go. Proof positive that Ende is full of beans.

Everybody knows it’s the espresso machine.



Here’s a picture of mine, Miss Silvia, with Rocky, her main grind.



And here’s my cup of morning magic.

If the sport of randonneuring ever bans caffeine as a controlled substance, I’ll be forced into retirement.

In the meantime, café ole! Or au lait!

Btw: the small paintings above the coffee bar were done by good friend Anthony Ulinski. Check out his other paintings and furniture here. You'll find some good coffee cups among his current work.

No comments: