Tuesday, November 10, 2009

1950s London Cycling Videos

These videos are making the rounds on the randon lists and they're worth sharing. I have a special interest in this because lately I've been riding a 1950s frame, and it's a pleasure to see how riders set up them up back in the day. Looks like you can never go wrong hanging a Carradice bag on one. I think I spotted local rider Gilbert in a couple of the shots....

The idea of mixing bikes and train transportation is a good one. Several of us took Amtrak home after an overnight ride to Richmond in 2008. Here's the write-up.



2 comments:

-b said...

Aw man, great stuff! Makes me want to go out for a ride in the country side.

Definitely some beautiful steel and lots of Carradice bags. Gotta get me some plus 4's.

-byron

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised at how much stem is showing on many bikes.

Mike / Raleigh